Dewsbury Rams have introduced changes to its match day protocols based on the advice of health officials and the RFL regarding Covid-19.
The changes are designed to protect the health and safety of players and fans and will mean a reduced level of interaction during the week and on match days.
The current government advice is that our games can continue as scheduled but this may change in the near future and supporters are advised to monitor the social media and news channels for any changes.
Our club has issued guidance to our players and staff in line with the advice we have received from the RFL.
The following changes will become effective immediately –
- Players will not hold hands with any mascots
- Players should limit any physical contact with supporters at venues
- Players are advised to avoid handshakes, hugs, high fives
- Players are advised not to take items from supporters for signing
- The Rampage club will be put on hold until further notice
- All players, officials and supporters are asked to follow the government advice on hand hygiene and protect themselves and others from spreading the infection
If any further action needs to be taken or there is any further advice from the government or RFL this will be passed on to our supporters as soon as possible.