Dewsbury Rams were defeated heavily out in Canada last Saturday as they lost to table toppers Toronto Wolfpack in what was a comfortable win for the Trans-Atlantic side.

In what was a much changed Dewsbury team, Lee Greenwood’s men put plenty of effort into the fixture, however the pace and power of Toronto’s full time players wasn’t able to be matched on the day.

The Rams were blown away as Toronto made a quick start to the game and scored four tries in the first 16 minutes. Those came from Gareth O’Brien, Andy Ackers and two tries came from Matty Russell. O’Brien was the one on kicking duty for the Wolfpack and he made three out of his first four kicks. That brought the score to 22-0 to the Canadian side.

Anthony Mullaly extended Toronto’s lead in the 24th minute, again O’Brien made the conversion count to add the extra’s, that made the score Toronto 28-0 Dewsbury. The Rams managed to stem the flow of tries and actually scored one themselves on the 32nd minute when Rob Worrincy dived over the whitewash to score, unfortunately Paul Sykes couldn’t convert his kick to add the extra two points.

The comeback though was halted when Toronto and Mullaly grabbed his second try of the fixture, O’Brien again kicked his conversion.

Joe Mellor managed to sneak in one last try for the Canadian side before half time, that made the interval score Toronto Wolfpack 40-4 Dewsbury Rams.

The Rams made a solid enough start to the second half, as Toronto managed to only score one try in the first 15 minutes of the half. That came when Liam Kay barged his way over the whitewash to score. O’Brien converted his kick to take the score to 46-4 to Toronto.

Two tries then came in four minutes for the home side, Kay grabbed his second for the night, whilst Joe Wilkin also went over the line to score. O’Brien converts both kicks to bring the tally up to 58-4 to Toronto.

The Rams did manage to grab another try in the game as Adam Ryder bulldozed his way through to score, again Sykes was unable to convert the kick.

The home side added two more tries before the game finished, first scored by Blake Wallace in the 72nd minute and then Bob Beswick in the 75th minute. Again O’Brien added the extra’s, that left the final score Toronto 70-8 Dewsbury.