Dewsbury Rams were knocked out of the Challenge Cup on Friday night by Halifax RLFC with the score finishing 34-6 to the visitors.

Halifax have gone on to draw Bradford Bulls away in the quarter-finals, where as the Rams bow out at the sixth round stage.

It was the visitors who scored first on the 6th minute with Chester Butler going on a jinking run into the right hand corner of the field to plant the ball down. Steve Tyrer was the one on kicking duty for Halifax on the evening and he duly put his first kick through the posts.

Three minutes later Liam Finn was sin-binned for interference on the re-start and with the loss of a player, the Rams were having to defend a lot more now and on their own line too.

Just one minute later, the visitors scored again to extend their lead, this time James Woodburn-Hall got the ball over the line. Tyrer converted the kick to make it 12-0 to Halifax.

Halifax scored once again on the 21st minute, James Saltonstall picking up a ball which was cleverly kicked through a gap in the Rams defence to finish off the move. Tyrer again added the extra points to now make the score Dewsbury Rams 0-18 Halifax.

The next ten minutes went by with both sides having chances to score, and on the 31st minute it was the Rams who got over the try line. Lucas Walshaw went on a powerful run towards the Fax line, he managed to plant the ball over the whitewash under a pile of bodies. Liam Finn converted the kick for the extra two points to make the score going into the interval 6-18 to Halifax.

It only took the visitors five minutes into the second half to score the next try, Butler again teasing the Rams defence before again scoring, Tyrer this time missed his kick to make things 6-22 to Halifax.

Halifax got the next try as Shaun Robinson collected a high kicked ball to then leap down and plant the ball over the line. Tyrer this time managed to convert his kick to make the score 6-28 to Halifax.

The visitors weren’t done there, with Saltonstall scoring the next try of the match four minutes from time. Tyrer again missed his conversion attempt to put the score at 32-6 to Halifax.

The final action of the game came when Ben White converted a penalty kick, meaning the final score was Dewsbury Rams 6-34 Halifax.