Dewsbury Rams have now won back to back games for the first time since the end of July. The Rams were victorious against Barrow Raiders, as Neil Kelly’s side sent the Cumbrian club packing.

The Rams put in a dominant display and the scoreline could have been more if chances would have been taken, however the win continues the good form of Dewsbury in the last few weeks.

Dewsbury started the game as they meant to go on, and although they could not find the first points of the game in the opening ten minutes, the team looked to threaten every time they went up the field.

The first points of the game went to the Rams when Rob Worrincy raced away down the left hand side to score in the corner. Paul Sykes was on kicking duty as usual, however for his first conversion attempt, he missed it.

The home side scored their second try on the 29th minute when Brad Delaney collected the ball from Worrincy, he then charged over the line. Sykes this time didn’t miss his kick to put Dewsbury 10-0 up.

It was the visitors who scored next just four minutes later when Georgy Gambaro dived over the line. Jamie Dallimore was on kicking duties for Barrow, and he converted his first kick to put the score at 10-6 to the Rams.

The Rams were determined to not let Barrow back into the game, Lucas Walshaw smashed his way through the Raiders defence to score on the 37th minute just to the right of the posts. Sykes again converted his kick adding the extra two points, to put the score at 16-6 to the Rams.

That’s how things stayed going into the break with Dewsbury 16-6 up on their opponents, they came flying out of the traps in the second half and scored two quick tries to extend their lead.

The first came from a Barrow drop out when the Rams caught the ball and worked their way back up the field of play. Aaron Brown raced through the Raiders defence to plant the ball over the whitewash.

The second was scored by Adam Ryder who bulldozed his way through a struggling Barrow back line. Sykes converted both kicks to make the score Dewsbury 28-6 Barrow.

The visitors scored their final points of the match on the 54th minute when Nathan Mossop ghosted over the Rams line. Dallimore converted the kick to add on the extra’s for Barrow.

The Rams had the chance to extend their lead when they were awarded a penalty on the 62nd minute, however Sykes unfortunately missed the kick.

The last points of the day were grabbed by Ryder who scored his second try of the afternoon when he slammed the ball down on the 70th minute mark. A wonderful pass from Dale Morton gave Ryder the room he needed to plant the ball over the line. Sykes missed his final conversion kick of the afternoon leaving the score at 32-12 to the Rams.

Although Sykes had missed a number of kicks on the day, he did pass the milestone of scoring 500 points for Dewsbury, he has now scored 505 points in 81 appearances since his debut in 2016.

Next up for the Rams is an away trip to Featherstone Rovers next Sunday.