In a crucial game in the Betfred Championship last Sunday, it was eighth vs ninth in the league, and it was eighth placed Barrow who beat Dewsbury 58-32 at Craven Park.

Dewsbury started well and put the home side under pressure during the first ten minutes of the game.

However it was the home side who scored first on the 11th minute when Joe Bullock ran through to score the opening points of the game, Jamie Dallimore converted his kick to take the score to 6-0.

Barrow were only in the lead for five minutes before the Rams came back, Aaron Brown went on a fantastic run jinking past a few Raiders players before scoring Dewsbury’s first points of the day. In the absence of Paul Sykes, it was James Glover who would be on kicking duty again, he managed to convert the kick and put the score up to 6-6.

The Rams started to get into the swing of the game and scored another try just three minutes after their first. Josh Guzdek went past the Barrow defence with ease to score his first try of the afternoon. Glover again added the kick and put the Rams 12-6 up on the scoreboard.

Dewsbury could only hold the lead for six minutes before the visitors drew level, Jono Smith bundled his way over the line to score Barrow’s second try. Dallimore converted the extra’s and the score became 12-12.

The game swung back into the home sides favour by this point as on the 28th minute, Gene Ormsby scored Barrow’s next try of the day. Dallimore this time missed his conversion putting the score at 16-12 to Barrow.

Barrow extended their lead on the 36th minute when Ryan Duffy barged his way over the whitewash, Dallimore converted the kick to put the score at 22-12 to the home side.

The Rams conceded again two minute before halftime, Dallimore was fed the ball after Dewsbury couldn’t deal with the high kick. Dallimore slid through to score, he also converted the extra’s to put the score at halftime, Barrow 28-12 Dewsbury.

The second half didn’t start off the best for the Rams who conceded four tries in the space of eight minutes.

The first came on the 46th minute when Jarrad Stack won the ball in the corner from a high kick to ground, Dallimore converted his kick to take the score to 34-12.

Barrow then scored again just two minutes later when Dean Parata broke away from the Rams defence and scored out wide, Dallimore added the extra’s.

The Rams conceded again three minutes later when the visitors gave away two quick fire penalties to which Barrow took advantage. Stack went over the whitewash in the 51st minute to grab his second try of the day. Dallimore converted his kick to put the score at 46-12.

On the 54th minute Ryan Fieldhouse muscled his way through the Dewsbury defence to score their fourth quick fire try of the second half. Dallimore converted his kick to put Barrow’s total at 52 points on the day.

The fightback from the Rams began on the 58th minute when Guzdek crashed over the whitewash to score, Glover missed his conversion to take the score to 52-16.

Dewsbury got their fourth try of the afternoon when Macauley Hallett crossed the line to score, this time Glover didn’t miss which put the score at 52-22.

It was on the 71st minute when Barrow scored their final try of the afternoon, Danny Marrow crossing the line, and Dallimore kicking the extra’s, to put the score at 58-22.

The Rams scored two quick tries after that, the first from Sam Day who went over near the posts, and the second came from Guzdek on the 78th minute who also completed his hat-trick. Glover converted the extra’s after Day’s try but missed his kick after Guzdek’s to put the final score at, Barrow 58-32 Dewsbury.

Dewsbury’s next match is away at Halifax at the Shay Stadium, a 3pm kick off.