Dewsbury Rams were defeated by 46-18 at home to Halifax on Sunday afternoon making it the Rams joint biggest defeat of the season so far.

It was the Rams who started off the better, and the first few minutes of the first half was dominated by the home side. However it was the visitors who would score the first points on the 10th minute mark.

Halifax’s new signing Quentin Laulu Togagae slipped a pass to Chester Bulter who sailed over the whitewash for the first try of the afternoon. Stephen Tyrer kicked successfully for the extra two points making the score 6-0 to Halifax.

The Rams quickly got back on level terms and drew level just two minutes later, Dale Morton going over the line with a brilliant try after a good move from the home side. Paul Sykes made sure the kick went over putting things all square at 6-6.

Dewsbury then nearly took a quick fire lead, Macauley Hallett went close to getting another try on the 17th minute, however the ball ran dead before he could place it down.

It would be the away side to get the next points on the board though with a try from Brandon Moore on the 23rd minute, Tyrer added the extra points to put Halifax ahead 12-6. The visitors scored again just five minutes later when James Saltonstall went through to grab his try for the afternoon, Tyrer this time missed the kick, making the score 16-6.

Halifax then extended their lead further on the 33rd minute, when Brad Kaye charged through the Rams defense to get the visitors fourth try of the afternoon. Tyrer this time made sure he converted, putting Halifax in a healthy position, taking the score to 22-6.

Dewsbury’s Dom Speakman got the next try, as the Rams produced a fantastic move, it was the 24 year old who finished it off as he placed the ball over the whitewash. Sykes converted his kick for another two points taking the score into halftime at 22-12.

It was the home side who scored the first points of the second half, Paul Sykes leaped over the line to score his try of the afternoon on the 47th minute. He then converted the kick to add the extra’s to take the Rams within four points of their opponents.

However just three minutes later Halifax produced another try when Bulter scored his second of the afternoon, Tyrer once again kicked over to put the score at 28-18.

Halifax started to dominate the play and the scoreline from there on in, and scored another try on the 66th minute when Tyrer scored a try of his own. He then converted the kick to add the extra’s.

The visitors would go on to get another two tries, from QLT, and William Sharp, and two more successful kicks from Tyrer to finish with a scoreline of 46-18.

The Rams next fixture is on Saturday, when head coach Neil Kelly’s men travel down to London to face the London Broncos.